Tuesday, January 20, 2009

When you're determined.. it gets done

Lately I have been in a sewing and creative mood. Our new favorite store is the fabric store. haha We have been over there so much this weekend!! On Saturday before going to the Draper Temple open house (which was beautiful!! I want to go again!) we headed over to the fabric store. We knew Abbey was having her baby soon and we wanted to try a rag quilt. Well on Sunday morning my mom came in to wake me up (earlier than i wanted to be woken up) and told me I needed to come see this. Remember I don't know what I am being woken up to go look at and I'm half asleep. When I looked at the Computer screen at Beautiful little Mya I realized we didn't make our blanket for her yet! I looked at my mom and we both decided it was an emergency and we needed to hurry and get it all done to go see them before they left the hospital. I ran and got my loom and my mom grabbed the burp rag to start crocheting around. We were determined to finish everything that day. In the middle of our work we had to take a break and go to church. I wasn't very happy to be disturbed in the middle of everything but it was OK. When i got home I got right back to work on the little hat i made. Then I had to hurry and Cross-stitch on a onze. It looked cute :) Now if any of you have ever made a rag quilt you know it takes quite a while. Well we started cutting and sewing at around 4 or 4:30. At about 8 we were almost done. All I had to do was cut the things so it would fray. haha We were hurrying as fast as we could. Monday morning my mom got up and ran over to the Laundry Mat to wash it. When she got home we hurry and ran over to see the new parents and their little lady. We didn't get to see the little lady but that's OK. We will get to see her soon :) I can't wait. But anyways when 2 people are determined (mainly me) they can get the job done. I hope you enjoyed it Matt and Abbey!! We love you guys!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany, you're such a sweet, giving person! I believe determination and persistence always pay off in the long run. Keep it up and you'll go far. Thanks for your love and generosity towards Matt, Abbey, and Mya. You are a wonderful person, and talented, too.

Abbey said...

Thanks so much Brittany!! I love the blanket so much!!! (Mya does too.. it's snuggly!) As well as the darling hat and burp cloth and little outfit. You guys are so sweet to do that for us. I know how much time all of that must have taken. It means a lot to us! Thanks for the visit at the hospital. It was great to see you guys. Thanks again!!