Thursday, July 16, 2009
~*California*~
Ah the Sun shine state :) haha If you didn't know we had a VACATION planned to go to California :) Our family has forgotten what a VACATION is... but luckily we were reminded before it was too late :) haha We've been planning this trip since probably... January?? I don't know it's been a looooong while though. haha
So finally after Girl scamp was over we came home to an empty house. Jessica, Preston, and Brian all headed down early Friday July, 3rd (the day me and my mom got back from girl scamp) We got home, unpacked mountain clothes and repacked beach clothes :) Oh and of course we showered.. after a weeks worth of Bug spray and no showers... haha Girl scamp was lots of fun though. That fun is for another post. Anywhoo back to Cali.. We had 5 days to get ready before we departed for the Sunshine state. I was so ready!! I had been waiting all year for this!! I was so excited!! Finally on Tuesday (July 7th) we were almost ready!! Tuesday morning we had appointments.. I was getting my nails done while my mom had to go to the dentist. We were both excited to get those over with!! That meant we were closer to leaving. Finally when my dad got home, around 7 p.m., we left!! :)
(the picture of the Horsetrailer is a guy who we played leap frog with for about 100 miles?? I dunno it was a long time!! haha) I was so excited I could barely stand it! The drive was long but way worth it :) I didn't even get bored enough to ask the famous road trip question:"are we there yet?!?!" I was amazed. haha We stopped the first night in Mesquite, NV. It was waaaaayy too hot for me!! After breakfast we got back on the road to travel through the dry, very boring, desert. Finally we got to California!
We met up with Jess, Prest, and Bri and headed to our hotel in Anaheim. After we got settled in we walked down the road to Bubba Gump's for dinner. It was yummy :) After dinner we went back and got the car and headed towards Newport Beach.
We missed the sunset but we walked on the beach and it was fun. The next day, Thursday, we got up early and got our tickets for
Disneyland. I was way excited!
We had a very long day in the happiest place on earth! :) haha it was great! we got lots of good stuff and had lots of fun. Then Friday we had to check out of our 3rd floor room and head to the beach. This time we went to Huntington Beach. We hung out there for about 4 or 5 hours!! Long Long day!! After that we headed back to the same hotel and checked into a room on the 13th floor! Once we all got settled and decent looking we headed down the road again for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. It was way yummy too! After dinner we decided to walk down a little strip mall thingy.. Anaheim's Garden Walk. It was pretty cool. Around 9:30ish we went back to the hotel to watch the fireworks from Disneyland on the roof.
I didn't feel like going up there so Preston, Jessica, Brian and I stayed at the room and looked out the window and went out on the balcony. They were pretty. :) The next day we packed up and left... we drove back to St. George to stay the night. For dinner we went to IN-N-OUT BURGER. It was pretty good. When we got back to the hotel my mom and I went swimming and sat in the hot tub, as long as we could because we were sunburned, while everyone else rested. Sunday morning we really packed up and headed HOME. :) It was good to come home but I miss the coast. It was cooler down there and I love the palm trees. I had a really good time while it lasted. I can't wait to go again. Thanks mom and dad for an awesome VACATION!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We just got back from San Diego. It was great down there too, but so hot in Las Vegas on the way home. We had a great time too. Aren't vacations great. Luv ya Gayle
Post a Comment