Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Happenings

I've like abandoned this blog and I'm sorry. We've just been so busy!! Here is what we've been up to. First on June 12-13 I went to Youth Conference at Heber Valley Camp. It was way fun!! We went canoeing, had devotionals, dances, and had a challenge course. It was so much fun!! Shelby, Colton, and I were in a canoe because we had to have three people to a canoe.... LAME!! But it was still fun.. Shelb got me and Colton pretty wet.
Next we played Volleyball for a while.... until everyone came and took over... Later that night we had a dance with a DJ. It was great fun!! Except when Eric came to me and asked me to dance. He was trying to Tango with me or something and i couldn't stop laughing!! I felt so bad and told him to dance with Shelby. She did better than me.

Since we only stayed one night the bishop and his counselors came up and we had a testimony meeting. Since we got rained on we had to have it in our cabins so the guys came in ours. Since we didn't get our fires and s'mores me and Shelby decided to play Chubby Bunny. It was GREAT fun!! haha This is a picture of Shelb... The picture of me was a movie... haha then I lost it and almost started choking so I spit them out. Next came games before we went to the challenge course. I was the photographer so I didn't play but it was fun to watch. Next we went to the challenge course. The big thing was the zip line. I was too scared to do it and when our turn came around there was lightning and it was raining so we had to run back in the pouring rain and try not to fall in the mud.Once we got back from the Challenge course we jumped in the car and headed home.

As soon as I got home I jumped in the shower and got ready to head over to my aunt and uncles house to see my Cousin, Alison, and her husband and son from Iowa. It was really fun to see them since we had never met little Nathan. He's so cute!! Lezlee was enjoying him a lot. :) Next on our list was the McDermott Family Reunion. I look forward to this event every year. I love getting together with all the crazy people who brighten your day no matter what. This year it was at Down-at-a Hot Springs in Downy Idaho. It was so much fun!! We wanted to stay 2 nights instead of just the 1 like everyone else so we decided to rent a cabin. It was really small looking from the outside but it was huge on the inside!! It was incredible! I had so much fun. I was sad when everyone packed up and left and we were the only ones left up there. 1 Night just isn't long enough to catch up after a year of not seeing everyone!! We watched movies in the cabin and napped and had dinner. Then we watched Finding Nemo and went to bed. Sunday morning (Father's day) we packed up and came home. We got my dad a card that sang to him and he was surprised. It was really fun though. I can't wait till next year!! After that we had a free week to get ready to fight the mosquitoes at girls camp. It was really fun!! My mom was called as assistant camp director with the stake and so she went up on Monday to set up. I headed up on Tuesday with my ward. Nikki drove me and Shelby up there. We have to cut through Evanston Wyoming and then back into Woodruff Utah into Randolph. Well we stop at a McDonalds in Evanston and go over an overpass to get to Woodruff. I forgot this and we got back on the freeway and went about 13 more miles and then I finally spoke up. We turned around and found our directions and got back on the right path. We figured we would be late and we were laughing about it but we caught up with everyone and weren't too bad. We saw this really big hill that we almost went up and at the top there were tons of windmills. It was really actually cool. Anyways we got to camp and set up. Apparently there was a really bad rain storm two of the nights we were there but I slept right through them. :) We fought mosquitoes the whole time. We tried various things and I think the Dryer sheets worked the best. We all arrived home safe. One of our girls got sick and went home early.. I felt really bad for her but they say she's doing better. On Thursday night me and Shelby took Lindsay snipe hunting. It was great fun!! Shelby and I rolled in the mud to make her believe us. It was funny :) On Friday morning we packed up our stuff and we left early because our driver wasn't feeling well because she's pregnant so we got to leave early. We got everything unpacked and most everything washed. Now we are preparing for our next adventure... CALIFORNIA!!!! :) We leave Tuesday night and get back Sunday. I can't wait! We are going to the Beach and Disneyland. We have planned that much. I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey we are going to California too. We are leaving Sunday which is probably the day you get back. We are going to Sea World and the ocean though. Hope your trip is fun and you are safe!

Julianne said...

What is this about dryer sheets and mosquitoes? You must give me all the secrets since I'll be heading to camp in 3 weeks! Sounds like you are having a great summer!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Sounds like you are busy having a fun summer! I can't wait to hear about your fun in California.
Destiny