
Last night we went to the Day's of 47 Rodeo at the Energy Solutions arena. It was so crazy!! I had so much fun! To begin they showed a video clip thing for the Announcer that passed away this month. It was so nice. It was really cool too. And then they did a lights show. They had green lazer looking lights that went around the whole arena. Then they lit 2 fireworks by the Bareback and Bull ridding Shutes. They were really pretty until the end. It sounded like a building just came down all at the same time. I felt my stomach jump. It was weird. The whole time that was going on me and my mom where thinking, 'How can those animals handle this?' I mean we know that they should be used to this by now but when the announcer would talk it would eco really bad.
Any way after that it all got started. Gitty up! They started with the Bareback Riding. No one got seriously injured, I don't think at least. Maybe some of them where limping out of the Arena but none that they needed a medical team to come out to the arena. Next was Steer Wrestling. They did good. It is so sad to do that though. I know they don't hurt them that bad it was just that they were so cute and I felt bad but that is part of the Rodeo isn't it?
Next came the Wild Cow Milking. It was really kind of funny to watch those guys try to milk a cow when their buddy is trying to hold the cow still. The cows don't cooperate very well. The cows were pushing those guys around. It was really funny.
Then it was Tie Down Roping. It was good. I hate it when they "play" with little calves that way but oh well.
Then it was Mark Swingler's turn. He was the clown. He is a goof ball. He is so weird. He was really funny though. You have to love those clowns!
Next came Saddle Bronc Riding. It is so crazy that those guys want to do that. It is sad when they get hurt but if they have fun doing it then I am all for then as long as they recover if they get hurt.
Then.... I have never ever seen this in my whole entire life. I wish I would have had my camera but It is full of pictures so I had to go without. I was sad but it was really dusty in the arena and my lens would have gotten dusty. This act was called The One Armed Bandit. It was so Crazy. Here is a picture of a past year or something. It is off the Internet so... But this guys shows you how he can go on top of his trailer and he stands on top of his horse. And then after he does that they let out 2 Buffalo. He cracks his whip and somehow that buffalo g
et scared and gets on his flat bed of the truck and runs up the trailer. Then he gets both of them up there and then he goes up on his horse and blocks it so they can't get off and stands on his horse. It is cool. (this isn't the picture I saw earlier but this is the same kind of thing they do everywhere.)
et scared and gets on his flat bed of the truck and runs up the trailer. Then he gets both of them up there and then he goes up on his horse and blocks it so they can't get off and stands on his horse. It is cool. (this isn't the picture I saw earlier but this is the same kind of thing they do everywhere.)Then we had like a 5 minute intermission.
After that they had say thank you to all of their sponsors again. The Barrel Racing came after that. Some of the girls didn't do as well as they probably hoped but they did good.... Out of 10 Girls I think About 2 or 3 got through it with all of the barrels still standing.
Then It was Mark Swingler was on again. This one he was a delivery boy. He said one package was a keg of beer so he wanted a taste and he said it was salty and gross. He looked at the bottom and opened it and a little puppy came out. It was cute.
Next was Team Roping. Some of the guys missed so I think they were really mad at themselves but they did good.
Last it was Bull Riding! This is probably one of the most adrenaline rushing, you-could-die sports. I liked it a lot. I love watching the bull riders........ Well until they get thrown into a fence or get your face kicked. That is what happened. There was this one guy who got his 8 seconds done and was getting his hand loose and that bull went up to the fence. As soon as that guy had his hand out that bull bucked him right onto the fence. It was so sad. Then another guy got flung off but this time the bull had to make sure he was really on the ground. The bull kicked him in the head somewhere. The Announcer said it was by his ear. It was really sad. He got up and was holding his head and went back into the shoot and knelt down. I'm 99% sure that he was trying to be tough but it was too hard so he started to cry. They had a medical guy come out I think and the announcer told the crowd to cheer to make him feel a little better so they did. About 2 minutes after the announcer said that he told us to again because now he could hear us so I think he was unconscious but who knows. Some of those cowboys are pretty tough and try to hang in there but.....
The Rodeo was fun and very...... scary. I wish I could have gone all the nights that they were and will be here. I hope we can go next year!
(Even though it was probably in the 90 degree range in that arena.)
Gitty up!!! YE HAW!!!
2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I love rodeos. I have seen the one armed bandit before its really cool- I don't know how he does it.
Destiny
i bet you love them cows... hehe i love ya! i made my own blog! add me!
xoxo
Post a Comment