Saturday, May 30, 2009

Temple Dedication Celebration


Last night I had the privilege to participate in the Draper Temple Dedication Celebration. We put in lots and lots of work!! We have been practicing probably for about 3 months. We were all kind of bummed at first that we had to do this but after last night we are all very very glad. It was an incredible experience for everyone. We have spent many long nights practicing. We had a big dress rehearsal Wednesday the 27th of May that was very long. We had to be there by 5 and we didn't leave until about 10:30. It was a very long day. I was so excited for it to be over and done but now it's kind of sad. It was so much fun!! I will never ever forget it. First we headed over to the Stake Center for pizza. Then we all had to do makeup and get dressed in our Native American costumes. We got pictures taken and then we headed out. When we got to the Stake Center I was really really nervous. I was afraid we were going to mess up our dance in front of Millions and most important, the Prophet. After we got dressed though I was just fine. We got down to the Conference Center and had to wait to be let in. We had to be in our seats at 6:30.... We had an hour and a half before it started. When we had about 5 minutes before 8 o'clock I started to get nervous again. I had butterflies in my stomach. When we all stood for President Monson to enter I had an overwhelming feeling and I thought I was going to cry. I was so happy to be in his presence. I may have been far far away from him but It was still an honor. He said I few words and we got to sing Happy Birthday to President Henry B. Eyring which was an honor!! After President Monson said "AMEN" that was our cue. When he said that I got nervous agian. I got shakey and my heart was going a million miles per hour and my hands got clammy. We all got up, row by row, and ran backstage. As we waited for our music to start we all waited anxiously in the little hall. When our music started we all hurried onto the stage trying not to forget the routiene. There was a main outline of the dance: Run, Bounce, Circle, Circle, Line, Circle, Dance, Up. I ran through the steps in my head. Out of all the times we practiced and messed up we finally got it right. I knew it would work out and a miricle would happen to make our dance workout. I guess that little prayer in our hearts was answered. We all did good. We went "up", waited for aploze and hurried off the stage. After that we ran back to our seats. We all were so sweaty from the dance we didn't think we could sit there. But we managed. I figured I would be super tired from our dance and not getting much sleep but I was so awake and excited to be there. It was an incredible experience that I will never forget. It said on our tickets you couldn't take cameras in so I left mine in the car. I was bummed but that's ok. We each are going to get a video of it so that's ok. I really wish I would've taken it in but that's ok. Anyways it was the best. I wish I could do it again and again!!
Here is our ward in costume before we left the Stake Center.

Left to Right: Top: Akina, Stephani, Amanda, Tanner, Casey, Colton, David, Parker
Middle: Ali, Shelby, Me, Lindsay, Hailen, Haley, Amber, Monica
Bottom: Austin and Eric

1 comment:

Lifes Great Adventures said...

What a great experience I am so happy for you!