Saturday, August 2, 2008

Chop, Chop, TIMBER!

Have you ever heard that term in kids swimming lessons? Well it is where you stand on the step in the pool and the teacher pretends to chop, chop you down. When they say "TIMBER" you have to fall. That is from what I understand what happened yesterday before I got home. Let me start from the beginning. Last Sunday around maybe 5:30 pm or so my dad was sitting at the kitchen table and my mom and I were standing next to him. The wind was blowing and I was getting ready for Girls Camp coming on Monday. (You will learn about that in a different post) We heard a loud 'CRACK' and my dad jumped up from his chair and ran to the middle of the kitchen. Me and my mom just stood there like, "What was that?" Then came the crash! It was so scary!! I thought the Swamp cooler was coming unattached from the roof but it was 1/3 of our tree in the backyard. It hit out fence and bent it and broke part of the neighbors vinyl fence. The pictures alone don't show how bad it was. If my mom were to go out and put her arms around that tree that came crashing down she wouldn't even be able to touch her fingers together.


Anyways I thought I would be out of cleaning it up since I was going to Girls Camp for the week. Well I was wrong! They got the part of the tree that fell cleaned up on Monday, I think.. When that piece fell we figured the tree was just not safe for any of us so they decided to take it down. The Guy came yesterday morning and dropped the rest of the tree. We have no shade in our backyard now. I think with that space we should either put our trampoline in the ground or put in a pool. => So since we don't have any shade on the family/living room of the house it gets hotter faster, a lot faster. When I got home yesterday I was really pumped up and awake and just excited to be home and I had a lot more energy. (Probably because I got to drink something other than water like milk and for dinner we had Pepsi!!) We cleaned most of it up last night. We rented a wood chipper and chipped all of the branches that would fit through the hole. We worked from 2-9 last night. Brian and Jess helped also. We worked from about 8 till 11 today and all we have left is the stumps and a bench that I wanted. ( I was just kidding but they cut it anyways) Brett and Jory came down to help today. THANKS!!!!!


Since I was gone I didn't get any pictures but my mom did. I will post the pictures throughout the week soon. I will make sure of it. Here is a picture of the tree on Sunday and on Friday after it came crashing down. We had to put the Trampoline totally away. So the one with the tramp in it was on Sunday. I took the picture on Sunday off of the back porch and the one on Friday in the house by the computer.

2 comments:

Cristine said...

Oh...so that is why LaMont gave all those bird nests to Jamison. He thinks he won the lottery with those nests:)

Lifes Great Adventures said...

No fun! My mom & dad's tree did the same thing last month- what a mess!
Destiny